ru Русский
ru Русский

6. Здание почтового ведомства

Почта в Астрахани появилась в середине XVII в. Из Москвы она прибывала раз в неделю. Курьеры должны были преодолевать расстояние до Астрахани за 12 суток. В 1819 году почтовое ведомство выкупает у секунд-майора И.А. Варвация участок, на котором стоял его дом и хозяйственные постройки и располагает там почтовую кантору. Здесь всегда было оживленно. Сюда шли люди, чтобы отправить письмо или эстафету, выяснить все вопросы, связанные с отъездом пассажиров на почтовых лошадях. В 1886 году на улицах города появились три почтовых ящика. Через пять лет их стало 20. В 1864 году в Астрахани были приняты первые телеграммы.
Первый телефон – в 1885 году которые были частные. Наиболее длинная телефонная линия связывала пассажирское пароходное общество «Лебедь» с товарной пристанью на Эленге. Здание почтово-телеграфного ведомства было сооружено в 1903 году по проекту архитектора А.С. Малаховского. В 1980 годах здание было достроено, а на фронтоне помещен герб СССР. Напротив здания главпочтамта расположен столп нулевого километра, от которого шел отсчёт верст.


The Building of Postal Administration. A.S. Malakhovsky. Astrakhan Regional Adminisration of Federal postal service. 10 Chernishevsky St. / 25 Kirov St./10 Krasnoe Znamya St., Astrakhan

The Astrakhan postal communication started in the middle of the 17th century. Correspondence came from Moscow once a week. Couriers had to spend twelve days and nights to get to Astrakhan. In 1819 postal authorities bought a lot, where the second major Varvatsy’s house and some utility structures were built, and arranged a post office there. It has always been a lively place. People came to send a letter or a relay, clear out all the questions connected to passenger departure on the postal horses. Three letterboxes appeared in the streets of the city in 1886. In five years their total number reached 20 letterboxes. In Astrakhan the first telegrams were received in 1864. The first telephones emerged in Astrakhan in 1885, they were private. The longest telephone line connected passenger steamship company “Lebed” and a wharf, that was situated at Eleng. The building of the Post–Telegraph Administration was built according to the architect A.S. Malakhovsky’s design in 1903. The building was completed in 1980, and there was a USSR emblem on the fronton. There is a milestone which is considered to be a reference point to count versts  in front of the central post office.