ru Русский
ru Русский

4. Дом генерал-губернатора

В 1786 году Мина Диланчеев (Дилянчеев), «таможенных дел советник», приступил к строительству комплекса зданий из пяти домов и армянской церкви в центре Астрахани по проекту архитектора Александра Дигби. Его двухэтажный фасад в средней части против оси Русского двора, прерывался отступающей по полукружию одноэтажной галереей лавок. (Проект надстройки незаконченного Дигби дома Дилянчеева был составлен в 1827 г. архитектором Карлом Депедри, которую, возможно, первоначальный владелец предполагал со временем довести до второго этажа, под одну крышу с корпусом дома.).
Намеченную таким образом поперечную ориентацию удлиненной площади закрепило поставленное в середине её центрическое здание важни-весовой. По мысли Дигби, квартал, занимаемый домом Дилянчеева, должен был стать организующим звеном ансамбля центра города Астрахани.
Замысел Дигби остался не осуществленным, т. к. Дилянчеев, видимо, не смог приобрести северный участок квартала. Незавершенным осталось и второе полукружие. К концу XIX века, сложился ансамбль из трех циркумференций Рождественской площади.
Несмотря на поздние постройки, дом Дилянчеева сохранил до нашего времени архитектурное решение Дигби в духе итальянского классицизма. Балконы на консолях парадного второго этажа, противопоставлены простым аркам лавок: трехчастный палладианский элемент в центре главного фасада.
В 1798 году именным указом Павла I здание было принято в казну с предписанием разместить в нём присутственные места. Здание стало резиденцией губернатора, отсюда его название «Дом губернатора». Торговая площадь с этого времени именовалась Губернаторской. Дом Дилянчеева, или губернаторский дом, представляет собой один из лучших архитектурных ансамблей в исторической застройке. В прошлом главный дом и флигель соединялись изящной полуциркульной галереей. Особенность архитектуры губернаторского дома заключалась в длинной (155 м.) сейчас заложенной аркаде, проходившей по всем их уличным фасадам. Прорезая весь нижний этаж зданий, она насыщала их светом и воздухом.


Governor’s house. Alexander Digby. Residential building with administrative premises. 5 Sovetskaya Street/ 21 Kirov Street.

In 1786, “the Councellor of customs matters” Mina Dilancheev (Dilyancheev) started constructing a group of five buildings and an Armenian church upon the project of architect Alexander Digby in the centre of Astrakhan. Its two-storied facade is broken by single-storeyed gallery of small shops, forming a concave semicircle, in the middle section standing against the Russian courtyard centerline. (In 1827 architect Carl Depedri made a draft of Digby’s overstory project of the unfinished Dilyancheev’s house. The first owner of the house might have planned to convert the overstory into two storeys under the same roof with the bulk of the house). The centrally-planned main weigh-scale building fixed the intended transverse positioning of the elongated square. Digby intended to make the block occupied by Dilyancheev’s house the stage-managing chain of the city centre ensemble. Digby’s plan was not realized because Dilyancheev must have failed to purchase the block’s northern plot of land. The second semicircle was also left unfinished. By the late 19th century the Rozhdestvenskaya square ensemble of the three circumferences had been completed. Regardless of the build-ups that were added later, the house of Dilyancheev has preserved Digby’s architectural concept in the spirit of Italian classicism till our days. The cantilever balconies of the grand second floor are opposed to the plain arches of small shops: the three-part Palladian element in the center of the main facade. In 1798 by the edict of Pavel the First the building was taken into treasury with an instruction to place public offices there. The building became the Governor’s residence, that’s why it is called The House of the Governor. Since that time, the market square was known as Gubernatorskaya (Governor’s) square. The House of Dilyancheev also called the Governor’s House is one of the best architectural complexes in the historic development. Former main house and its wing were joined with a semicircular gallery. The Governor’s House architectural feature lies in a long inserted arcade (155 meters) which was on all of the street facades. Cutting through the lower storey of the buildings it filled them up with light and air.