ru Русский
ru Русский

31. Дворец бракосочетания

В «Астраханском листке» за 1910 г. сообщалось, что «постройка здания Биржевого комитета уже закончена…. Производится проба устройства парового отопления. Биржевой комитет переходит в новое здание приблизительно через полтора – два месяца. Нижний этаж нового здания сдан под ресторан, который открывается в марте месяце». Здание официально было открыто 9 мая 1910 г. Здание построено на месте старой деревянной биржи по проекту архитектора В.Б. Вальдовского. В октябре 1918 г. в здании бывшей Биржи работал политотдел Волжско-Каспийской военной флотилии. Неоднократно в этом здании на собраниях и конференциях выступал С.М. Киров (1919-1920 гг.), являющийся членом политотдела флотилии. Здание имеет важное градообразующее значение архитектурной доминанты, возведённой на стрелке Кутума и Волги. Здание представляет интерес как памятник архитектуры начала XX в., в конструктивном и декоративном решениях которого используются элементы архитектуры модерна. Из общего массива, на общей композиционной оси, как самостоятельный объём, «вырастает» высокая четырёхгранная башня, сооружённая над юго-восточной частью здания. По стенам северо-западного объёма на уровне 2-ого этажа проходит длинный обводной балкон. Оконные проёмы здания различных типов: прямоугольные, узкие лежащие, сложной эллиптической и круглой форм. В целом, для декоративного решения фасадов здания характерно эклектическое использование различных декоративных средств. Из числа помещений, сохранивших интерьер, наибольший интерес представляют холл с витражом из цветных стёкол в фонаре (средняя часть здания) и главный зал с тонко проработанными лепными украшениями на плафоне на 2-ом этаже.


The Astrakhan Leaflet in 1910 reported that the construction of the Stock Exchange Committee Building had been finished. Steam heating was being tested. The Exchange House Committee was going to move in within 11.5 months. The first floor of the new building was taken up by a restaurant which was to be opened in March. The building was officially opened on May 9, 1910.
The building was constructed in the place of the old wooden Stock Exchange Building under the project of V.B. Valdovskiy. In October 1918, the former Stock Exchange Building was taken up by the political department of the Volga-Caspian Navy. S. M. Kirov (1919-1920), the member of the political department of the navy, delivered many speeches during meetings and conferences in this building. The building has a city-forming importance of an architectural leitmotif built on the tongue of the Kutum and the Volga. The building is of an architectural interest as a historical landmark of the early XX century due to its construction and decoration style with the touch of modern.
Out of the entire building massif a tall four-sided tower stands out over the South-Eastern part of the building. A long encircling balcony goes on the 2 floor level of the north-western walls. There are different types of window openings: rectangular, narrow horizontal, complicated elliptic and round. In general, eclectic use of various decoration elements is typical for the decoration of the building’s facades. Out of the quarters that have preserved their interior design, the most interesting are the hall with a stained glass made of colored pieces of glass in the bay window (central part of the building) and the main hall with exquisite plaster work on the first floor plafond.
In 1870 the Stock Exchange Committee and the Stock Exchange were founded to serve as a place for making trade deals. According to the general plan of land surveyor, Mr. Brier, dated 1869, the Stock Exchange Building was planned to be constructed on the opposite (to the present location of the monument), the northern side of the Kutum River by the “Swan” ship quay. The intended construction site was on the intersection of the Kutum Embankment and Parakhodnaya (Admiralteiskaya) Street.
However, other site was chosen for the construction. It was on the so-called tongue, in the confluence of the Kutum and the Volga. There still exists a picture of the previous late XIX – late XX century building: a two-storied building with three tower blocks. In the planned variant it had a complex form resembling a cross or a circle. The construction of a new monumental Stock Exchange Building with a large hall for merchants was conditioned by the growth of trade connections and greater economic power of the South of Russia.