ru Русский
ru Русский

29. Дом Александра Ивановича Губина

Cеверная и северо-восточная части г. Астрахани складывались параллельно направлению р. Кутум. К концу 30-х гг. XIX века пересохшие русла ериков, впадавших в Кутум, начали застраиваться 1-2 этажными домами. Так постепенно оформлялись улицы Казанская, Чесночный ерик, Луковская, Старо-Мултановская, Набережная р. Кутум. Застройка Закутумной части города состояла в массе своей из деревянных домов. Каменные здания в основном располагались вдоль Набережной Кутума. Семья Губиных состояла из 5 человек: Александра Ивановича, его жены Александры Александровны, дочери и двух сыновей. А. И. Губин – был почетным блюстителем духовного училища, членом Попечительства о бедных учениках духовной семинарии. Главный дом в 3 этажа на подвале, с мансардой над его северо-западной дворовой частью. Вдоль южного и восточного фасадов располагались магазины с отдельными входами с улицы. На 1 этаже размещалось 6 магазинов, куда вели 7 отдельных входов. На втором и третьем этажах – парадная комната и жилые помещения. Планировка помещений на втором и третьем этажах была идентична. Парадный вход украшен декоративными светильниками, чугунными кронштейнами, которые имеют форму грифонов. Проезд во двор огражден массивными чугунными воротами в стиле барокко. Рисунок их ажурных полотнищ составляется букетами роз, листьями аканта, лентами и веревочным орнаментом. Композиция увенчана головкой купидона с распростертыми крыльями. Фасады здания богато украшены в стиле барокко. Большую художественную ценность представляют интерьеры дома, оформленные с дворцовой роскошью. С небольшими утратами сохранилась объемная лепнина потолков в торговых и жилых помещениях. Использованы лепные гирлянды, вазы с фруктами, горельефы с изображением амуров. Уникальной для астраханских построек прошлого века является беломраморная парадная лестница, оформленная кованой стальной решеткой. Образцом для подражания были выбраны барочные столичные дворцы XVIII в. Купеческое стремление к роскоши, выраженное в подражании дворцовой архитектуре, сочеталось с утилитарным расположением в 1 этаже складских и торговых помещений. С 1918 г. 2-й этаж дома занимал А. А. Губин, на третьем этаже располагались две квартиры: присяжного поверенного Осипова и врача. Предполагалось разместить здесь комиссариаты народного здравия и труда. С 1918-1919 гг. в здании находился штаб и Реввоенсовет Каспийско-Кавказского фронта. Членом штаба являлся С.М. Киров. По этой причине в 1959 году дом был поставлен на госохрану в качестве памятника истории. В 1922 г. дом муниципализировали, в нём разместился Центральный рабочий кооператив. С 1937 по 1991 г. Здесь был дворец пионеров и школьников, в годы Великой Отечественной войны в здании размещался госпиталь.


7 Krasnaya Naberezhanya Street / 1 Kuibysheva Street. Astrakhan, the Russian Federation. The Astrakhan branch of Saratov State Law Academy

The Northern and North-Eastern parts of Astrakhan were developed parallel to the Kutum river flow. By the end of 1830s, people started building one- and two-storied houses in the dried-up shallow channel stream beds that used to flow into the Kutum.  That way Kazanskaya, Staro-Multanovskaya, Lukovskaya Streets, Tschesnochniy erik and the Kutum Embankment appeared.The development of the upper Kutum area mainly consisted of wooden houses. Brick buildings were mainly situated alongside the Kutum Embankment.There were 5 people in  Alexander Gubin’s family: his wife Alexandra Alexandrovna, his daughter and two sons. A.I. Gubin was an honorary disciple of a religious school, a member of a Relieving Committee for the poor pupils of a seminary.The main three-storied building with a basement had a mansard roof on the north-western yard part. Shops with individual entrances from the street were situated on the southern and eastern facades. There were 6 shops with 7 individual entrances on the ground floor. A showroom and living quarters were on the first and second floors. The first and the second floors had identical space planning.The grand entrance is adorned with decorative luminaries, cast-iron griffin-shaped cantilevers. The entrance to the yard is fenced with cast-iron baroque gates. The gate open-work ornament consists of rose bouquets, acanthus leaves, lace and roped ornament. The composition is crowned with a Cupid’s head with outspread wings. The facades are richly decorated with baroque elements.The interior palace-like design represents a great artistic value. Voluminous plasterwork in commercial and dwelling spaces has been preserved with little losses. Garlands, fruit vases and high relief picturing the Cupid were used. The building’s white marble principal staircase designed with a wrought steel grid was unique for Astrakhan buildings of that time.Baroque palaces erected in the capital in  XVIII century were chosen as an example to follow. Merchants’ aspiration for luxury expressed in emulation of palace architecture was combined with pragmatic approach in placing of storage and commercial spaces on the ground floor.Since 1918 A.A. Gubin occupied the first floor of the building while the second floor was split between the two apartments of the attorney at law, Mr. Osipov, and a doctor. The building was supposed to house Public health and Labor commissariats.From 1918 to 1919 the building was occupied by the headquarters and the Revolutionary Military Council of the Caspian-Caucasian Front. S.M. Kirov was a member of the headquarters. Due to this, the house was put under state protection in 1959 as a historical unit.In 1922, the house was municipalized and it housed the Central Worker Union, then the Palace of Young Pioneers and Schoolchildren was situated here from 1937 to 1991. During the World War II it was used as  hospital.Alexander Ivanovich Gubin was born in 1844. He descended from a peasant family, from Izhevshkiy village of the Spasskiy uyezd of the Ryazanskaya guberniya. He had 2 brothers: Vasiliy, an elder one and Ivan, a middle one. For the first time Astrakhan merchants, the Gubins were mentioned in the Registration Book for merchant licenses dated 1863, where Vasiliy Ivanovich Gubin, a second-guild merchant, was recorded.  In 1860-1870 the brothers moved to Astrakhan and registered in Astrakhan Merchantry. In 1885, the Gubins brothers founded the almshouse “in memory of Natalia and Ioann Gubins”, They donated considerable funds to Elizavetinskiy orphanage, to the church of Mariinskaya Women’s Gymnasium, to almshouse for elderly craftsmen.In 1891 the Gubins brothers opened their first Merchant House. Alexander, the younger brother, who owned 2/3 of the assets, was the manager of the House. Vasiliy, the elder brother, left Astrakhan in 1898. Ivan, another of the Gubins brothers, was childless and he was known for his charity activity. He financed the construction of Pokrovskaya Church. Ivan Gubin was a member of the Governor Committee of mercy for orphaned children whose parents died in the Russian-Japanese War.  Mr. Gubin was also an honorary disciple of  Eparchial school for women.